Busy few days, not much sleep

luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
edited December 22, 2005 in Holy Macro
Thanks to the local arsonists we have been flat out fighting fires around here. These are from our latest fire that's been on the go for 3 days.

Unfortunately wind, smoke, night time (11.45pm) and no tripod make for less that perfect pictures but when your mind is on other things....

Hope you find these interesting anyway :):

49225774-L.jpg

49225775-L.jpg

49225777-L.jpg

49225772-L.jpg
http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6

Comments

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2005
    Lord those are scary, beautiful but scary. What goes through someones mind when they do that %#%#.

Be safe there guy.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2005
    The Worry Of Summer in Australia
    luckydog wrote:
    Thanks to the local arsonists we have been flat out fighting fires around here. These are from our latest fire that's been on the go for 3 days.

Unfortunately wind, smoke, night time (11.45pm) and no tripod make for less that perfect pictures but when your mind is on other things....

Hope you find these interesting anyway :):

Well thank God for Fire Fighters clap.gif the country is so dry although we appear to have had quite an amount of rain, it sure is looking like a Sunburnt Country, a Land of Sweeping Plains.

The fires are a real worry, and the fact that people light them deliberatly even more so...... why why why do people get a thrill out of doing this ne_nau.gif

Your pictures are great luckydog.........I hope we don't get to see them down my way, in for a few hot days now, I pray the fires don't come.

Thanks for sharing, very powerful photos those...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin