Options

Hawaii Summer 2103

PriorPrior Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited April 7, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
My wife and I were fortunate enough to visit Hawaii this summer for a week and a half and spend a few days touring Pearl Harbor and spend the remainder of the time on the Big Island. I'm finally getting around to uploading/posting a few of the pictures from our visit- I'm still new to post processing with Lightroom; plenty to learn. Hope you enjoy, and always appreciate any comments!

1307_Hawaii_412-L.jpg
Palm Trees, Chain of Craters Road, Big Island
Shot with the D2X and polarizing filter, my wife liked the 'cooked' look of this one.

1307_Hawaii_458-L.jpg
Crashing Waves, also on the Chain of Craters Road, Big Island
I took a series of these with the waves crashing in, want to make somewhat of a stacked collage of these shots.

1307_Hawaii_288-2-L.jpg
Akaka Falls, Big Island

1307_Hawaii_725-L.jpg
Waipio Valley, Big Island. This area is sparsely populated but was once the center of Hawaiian society and population. A large tsunami wiped the area out- it's now home to less than 50 people, all native Hawaiians. Access is via a very steep, 4 wheel drive only road.

1307_Hawaii_461-2-L.jpg
Lava Flow Beaches, Big Island

1307_Hawaii_755-L.jpg
Waipio Valley from the beach

1307_Hawaii_551-2-L.jpg
Waipio Valley Sunset, from the balcony of our B&B. Power lines and the tree aren't my fav, but the lihgt in this one was just stunning.

Hope you all enjoyed a few shots from our trip. I can't wait to go back again!
awprior.smugmug.com
Nikon D2x
Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6 DX
Nikon SB-800

Comments

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2014
    Beautiful captures!

My wife despises power lines in a shot, and I can totally relate. However, something about the power lines is charming to me. It makes it feel real -accessible to humans.
  • Options
    JeffC230JeffC230 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2014
    loooooooooove these posts!
    Jeff K.
    Newbie in Action
    http://www.photospaced.com
  • Options
    FiddlestixFiddlestix Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2014
    These are beautiful images of a very beautiful environment. I believe that Hawaii is perhaps the most beautiful place on earth!

Really like the contents and the clarity of your images. Images 1 and 2 seem to have a bit of a yellow tint in the sky area. Maybe it is my monitor or maybe there was some smoke in the air at the time. Regardless, well done!
    Images from SE Asia - some like it HOT
    http://fiddlefoto.smugmug.com

Cheers!
    Stix
  • Options
    PriorPrior Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2014
    Thanks for the comments. The first two do look a little yellow to me- there was some smoke in the area, but I probably tweaked something during processing. I'll see what I can do to clear those up a bit.

Thanks again!
    Prior
    awprior.smugmug.com
    Nikon D2x
    Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6 DX
    Nikon SB-800
  • Options
    shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 678 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2014
    Images from the Future? Summer of 2103? I like the images. Last one in particular. I have a hard time with power lines and make every effort to shoot around, or remove in post if possible. Otherwise, that's my fav.