Minolta camera systems??

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited December 27, 2005 in Cameras
okay, heres the deal. my dad enjoys photography too, and he currently lurks here and FM all the time. but, for the purpose of this post, i'm blocking his computer for a while from this site.:D

okay, my dad loves photography, he has 2 minolta film slr's and multiple MF zooms, and a few AF zooms, he knows all about ISO, shutterspeed, apature, WB, and all that jazz. so, my family wants to get him something nice for Christmas. i came up with the idea, why not get him a Minolta 5D, he could use it for when we go out shooting, and he could use it on family vacations. *AND, if that was the case, and i decided not to bring mine, i would never be without a camera:wink *

soo, my question is, what do you guys think of the Minolta systems? does the IS in the camera take away F-stops like they do on canon lenses?? or no?

thanks for your time,

Daniel
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2005
    The KM 5D looks like a nice camera. The Anti Shake apparantly does work ok, but from the reviews I've learned that it is a bit less effective than lens based IS/VR, especially on longer lenses. Here's a link to a DPreview post with tons of links to reviews of the 5D: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1035&message=16383270.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • lgardinorlgardinor Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 26, 2005
    I got the Minolta 7D for Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'm a diehard Minolta girl...nothing else will do. I haven't used it alot just yet as it is a bit intimidating (Laughing.gif) eek7.gif but its beautiful and magnificent and the pics I did take came out fabulous.

Three cheers for Minolta. HA!!

Peace and love!!

Lynn
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Well Well Well
    :smooch
    lgardinor wrote:
    I got the Minolta 7D for Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'm a diehard Minolta girl...nothing else will do. I haven't used it alot just yet as it is a bit intimidating (Laughing.gif) eek7.gif but its beautiful and magnificent and the pics I did take came out fabulous.

Three cheers for Minolta. HA!!

Peace and love!!

Lynn

Who's a lucky girl hey :smooch and who can't wipe the smile off her face rolleyes1.gif You whistle and I'll point :haha now that you've told everyone you've got it dear ya know you gotta show us some pics don't ya :photo
    I'm really happy for you Lynn, I know how much you've waited for this new camera ........take Care ....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin