What do you use to present your wedding album designs to clients?

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Wedding GrinnerPosts: 413Registered Users Major grins
edited April 8, 2014 in Weddings
When I design an album, I currently post the spreads into a gallery and present them to the client for approval. Like so:

http://fernandogonzalez.smugmug.com/2013/11-02-Gleason/Wedding-Album/

I'd like to be able to provide my clients with a more intuitive album experience. Showing them maybe a flip book version where the center gutter is shown and the pages turn like a real book.

I see tons of products and services on the market and wondered how you all present your work and what you like and don't like. maybe you can share a sample of albums you have presented to clients?

Also I'd love to keep this all on Smugmug if possible. I've even thought of maybe adding a watermark that looks like a faded center line and shadow so people could at least visualize where the album center is.

Thanks.

Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Wedding Photographer Southern CaliforniaPosts: 3,352Registered Users, Retired Mod Major grins
    edited April 6, 2014
    I do a similar thing, I use a SmugMug gallery but I set the gallery style to Journal. Seems to work pretty well. You could also use slideshow?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Wedding Grinner Posts: 413Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 7, 2014
    I went low tech and created a watermark that looks like a cut in the spread. Done.
  • GanginwoodGanginwood Big grins Posts: 60Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 8, 2014
    Lou,
    What are you using for the spreads? I'm assuming that you are taking snapshots of the spreads and uploading the jpeg to SM?
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Wedding Grinner Posts: 413Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 8, 2014
    "What are you using for the spreads?" Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you asking what software I use to create my spreads? If so, I use Lumapix Fotofusion to create the album spreads. It outputs hi-res JPGs that I send to my album company for printing. I upload those same hi-res spreads to Smugmug for my clients to review and approve. I leave the spreads there on Smugmug for archival purposes in case I ever needed to recreate the album.
  • GanginwoodGanginwood Big grins Posts: 60Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 8, 2014
    Thanks. One more thing...is your pricing calculator hosted on SM? I like that a lot.
    edited April 8, 2014
    Thanks! I use an embedded wufoo form right through smugmug.