Options

Has PicMonkey gone away? Still not working.

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,191 moderator
edited April 4, 2014 in SmugMug Support
The PicMonkey image editing feature has stopped working for me. I can select it from old Smugmug, and can't find it at all in new Smugmug (from either single picture display or the Organizer).

When selected in old SM, I only get a splash screen with the PicMonkey logo and the "cancelled loading" message.
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2014
    Hi David,

In the New SmugMug, look for the wrench icon below the image when viewing it in the gallery. The PicMonkey option is in the Image Tools menu there.

If the image doesn't load, try clicking near the bottom center, there may be a Flash area that you need to allow for it to proceed.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,191 moderator
    edited April 3, 2014
    OK, thanks Wendee. Don't know how I could have missed that in new SM. But still nothing happens. Browser (Safari) says "Cancelled opening the page."

i-N5hDRbf-L.jpg

Everything is toggled to ON in my browser. I can only click the PicMonkey logo at the top (in the screen grab above); that opens up a web page for the PicMonkey company and doesn't do anything for an individual photo on Smugmug.

EDIT:
    I just updated to the latest Flash version, installed it, shut down the browser and computer. Tried it again. Nothing. Neither old or new SM allow it to work. Totally puzzled.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2014
    I just tried it on one of my own sites and PicMonkey is coming up fine in Safari and Chrome.

Have you cleared your cache and cookies, closed and reopened your browser?
    There may be a browser add-on / extension interfering. Also try a different browser.
    Another option might be that some of your browser or computer settings block PicMonkey somehow. It could be your popup blocking settings or some firewall, antivirus or Internet security software.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2014
    Working in Safari (latest) and Mac OS X (latest) for me. Try seb's advice.....
    Works fine in Chrome on Mac (latest version).