Galeleo Thermometer

chuckhchuckh Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited December 23, 2005 in Holy Macro
It's been cold, overcast and rather dreary here in Spokane, WA the last 4 weeks or so.

The only colorful object I could see out my window today was a Galeleo Thermometer sitting on the window casement.

Holiday_Temp_01.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2005
    Hi there Chuck
    chuckh wrote:
    It's been cold, overcast and rather dreary here in Spokane, WA the last 4 weeks or so.

The only colorful object I could see out my window today was a Galeleo Thermometer sitting on the window casement.

I like those Thermometers Chuck they look so pretty, first time I ever saw one I thought it was some kind of gambling game with numbers....
    couldn't for the life of me figure it out headscratch.gif

I thought.....how the heck do you play this game ???? rolleyes1.gif
    .....and no I'm not blonde rolleyes1.gif didn't even dawn on me that it was some kind of really cool temperature reading device, it was next to the Lava Lamps in the store I was in.

Lovely colours Chuck, thanks for sharing......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • chuckhchuckh Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    I like those Thermometers Chuck they look so pretty, first time I ever saw one I thought it was some kind of gambling game with numbers....
    couldn't for the life of me figure it out headscratch.gif

I thought.....how the heck do you play this game ???? rolleyes1.gif
    .....and no I'm not blonde rolleyes1.gif didn't even dawn on me that it was some kind of really cool temperature reading device, it was next to the Lava Lamps in the store I was in.

Lovely colours Chuck, thanks for sharing......... Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy!

[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The "Galeleo thermometer" displays temperature by relying on a law of physics that as the temperature rises, the liquid expands. When it's specific gravity decreases then the spheres sink. The current temperature is indicated by the lowest floating glass sphere in cylinder.[/FONT]

It's been cold here in Spokane, WA for an extended period of time. Unlike the nice Summer weather you're enjoying in Australia Skippy!

My oldest daughter has just completed a semester at Griffith University in Brisbane and is on her way home, via New Zealand and Fiji. She's shared some great photos of your country and I am missing the swim-suit weather right now.