Options

[q] is there something like a blog in Smugmug POWER plan

matyjaszmatyjasz Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited April 5, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hello there,

Just joined dgrin, but being SM customer for a while.

I wanted to start a blog under my domain (macsadowski.com) but couldn't find any option for that in my admin panel, so my basic question is whether or not is it possible to have a blog running under my smugmug site?

kind regards
Mac

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2014
    SmugMug doesn't have a true blogging interface available, though you can create custom "pages" in your account. There is a way to use pages to create a blog of sorts within your SmugMug account. We have info about how to do this here:

http://school.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Tips/How-to-Make-a-Photo-Blog

Hope this helps!
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2014
    rnrjosh, thank you very much!
    This is exactly what I wanted, just simple 'blogging style' thing. I know I could take my site away, put it on own server, set up wp, and link to the photos via smugmug.macsadowski.com, but that is a way more than I really need. Thanks a lot.

Yet one more question if you don't mind, as I can't see clear answer - is the number of those 'pages' unlimited? I don't wan't real blog in fact, just want to post some infos and howtos more for myself, kind of overgrown bookmarks to remember things, so there will be a number of those pages.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited April 5, 2014
    matyjasz wrote: »
    rnrjosh, thank you very much!
    This is exactly what I wanted, just simple 'blogging style' thing. I know I could take my site away, put it on own server, set up wp, and link to the photos via smugmug.macsadowski.com, but that is a way more than I really need. Thanks a lot.

Yet one more question if you don't mind, as I can't see clear answer - is the number of those 'pages' unlimited? I don't wan't real blog in fact, just want to post some infos and howtos more for myself, kind of overgrown bookmarks to remember things, so there will be a number of those pages.
    You can have as many pages as you'd like.

But - if you are planning to write often I'd recommend you use a blog product like Blogger or Wordpress. The number of steps you need to go through to create a page in smug for a single blog entry is not small.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2014
    Hi Denise,

Yes, I've just realized that.. it's a bit pain..

Well, thanks for your inputs, I will try this and that and go for the best

Ta

Mac