Options

Click/highlight method issue in organizer

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited April 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
There's been a change in the rules, and what's missing, I think, is a quick way to un-highlight a batch of photos I've highlighted in a folder in organizer.

Currently:

left click highlights a thumbnail; continuing left click on other thumbs continues adds to the group.
(I believe this is a new behavior. I think what used to happen is that when one clicked the second file, the first file un-highlighted. To me this should be the normal behavior.)

Other rules:
Click, then Shift-click another thumbnail and all between them will highlight.
Click, then alt-click does the same as click-click-click, highlight random thumbs anywhere, not as a group.

Re-clicking each thumb will un-do each, but only one at a time.

Currently if I have many thumbnails highlighted, it's not rational to have to unclick each. So I've used Shift-click on a thumb to highlight a much larger group (between the first one and the last one of a non-adjacent group), and then Shift-clicked again. This un-highlights the group.

How do I cancel all the highlighted thumbs of a non-adjacent group as a batch? Escape doesn't do it.
This set of rules kind of doesn't make sense.

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2014
    Hi Chancy Rat,

I believe the change was made, due to popular demand. You can randomly click the images you want to select all over the page, now. You can still use the shift key to highlight a select group of images, but if some are selected already, you're going end up with all of the images selected, between the first and last highlighted image. In other words, if you have the first, 20th and 40th images selected, and want to select say the 12th to the 15th images, it will end up selecting the 1st through the 40th image selected.

To deselect all of the selected images, just click on the gray area on the page. I'm afraid I can't see a way to deselect a specific group within the page, other than individually selecting the images.

I hope this helps!
    Lindy
    Support Hero
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2014
    Thanks Lindy, everything basically seemed reasonable except for clearing a set of highlighted non-adjacent images. It never occurred to me to click the black area to see what would happen.

You called that area grey but on my browsers it's basically black. Is there a way to change the default background color in organizer?

thanks.