Options

Critique

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited August 29, 2004 in Wildlife
Got up early went north, walked, temps were way up, shot a ton of photos, now at home beat. Hey, that's my excuse / out.

What I would realy like is an honest opinion. Do you like this or not. Not is fine.....I can't make up my mind. Keep it, or into the trash heap?

Thans,

Sam

Comments

• Options
    ButterflySisButterflySis Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    Keep!
    That's easy - keep it! I love the soft colors and the bridge silhouettes. I also like the faded mountains in the bg. I think it's beautiful. The only minor thing I see is that the base of the bridge is cut off. I would like to see a little more room to the right. Not a huge problem though. I still love it. clap.gif

Jen
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    definitely keep thumb.gif

I think the bridge upright upsets the balance though, might be wrong, as i may make the brdge a little weird, but it could be worth trying to crop it out altogether? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    I'd vote for a near miss. The light and reflections work well, as does the gradation going towards the rear of the shot. I'd be tempted to lighten the darker bit at the rear somewhat, at least to see what it looks like. The bits that don't work for me are the bridge tower being right at the edge of the shot, and the fact that we can't see the whole ship, and the foreground spit of land is pure black on my monitor - if it is on yours too, perhaps some detail would enhance the shot..
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. The forground land mass is unfortunitly black without detail, so no recovery possible here. Your comments gave me some things to think about. Maybe if I snap the shutter enough, something will leap out of the camera. :D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. The forground land mass is unfortunitly black without detail, so no recovery possible here. Your comments gave me some things to think about. Maybe if I snap the shutter enough, something will leap out of the camera. :D

thumb.gif

rolleyes1.gif

That's how I do it! nod.gif I shoot the same shot a million different ways.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au