Has anyone used Nations Photo Lab?

cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
edited May 1, 2014 in Accessories
I've never actually had any nice prints made to hang in my house, and I'm looking to fix that. I know of Bay Photo and My Photopipe (as well as getting prints from Shutterfly, etc), but today I saw an ad for Nations Photo Lab that caught my eye. I'm looking to do a 24"x24" canvas wrap, and they're having a sale on square wraps. The price is fantastic, but I have no idea about the quality. Does anyone here have experience with this particular print lab?
Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
My site 365 Project

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2014
    My daughter is also a hobbyist photographer, and has one photograph that
    was especially good. I ordered a large metal print of it for a Christmas present
    for her.

The effect is stunning, the service was prompt and efficient, and the price
    was very reasonable.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback, Tony. Just as a followup, I ordered a 12x18 print on gator board (ended up passing on the canvas wrap sale, but probably will get the photo I had in mind done on canvas soon) from them and it arrived on Friday. I am very happy with the service, print quality and price. It is a very cool thing to see one of my photos actually printed in the real world. Now I just have to figure out how/where to display it. I definitely recommend Nations and I will order from them again.
    My site 365 Project
  • Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2014
    I order general prints from MPIX and never had a problem. I order metal & metallic prints from Bayphoto. How close to Boston are you… would like to hang w/ more photographers in the area.
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2014
    "in.boston" is certainly not true, and my location of "near Boston" is relative. :) I'm actually much closer to Nashua, and don't get in to Boston more than a couple times a year. I like to try and do photowalks once in a while, but between work and family, I pretty much don't have 10 minutes to rub together. I wish I had more time for my hobby, but sadly I think I've clicked my shutter only a couple hundred times this year so far. I'm working on developing a new photographer (no pun intended, of course...) as my 7 y/o daughter is getting her first DSLR soon - a present for how well she has done in school this year. She loves to go out shooting with me, and now she'll have her own gear so I don't have to worry about her dinging up my stuff! Maybe we'll run into you sometime.
    My site 365 Project