Options

Spring in North Texas

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited April 20, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Spring has arrived in North Texas, so we took a drive to check it out.

It's been so long since I've taken any pictures, that I had to re-learn how to punch the little button to make the box work :rofl
Randy

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2014
    #3, #4, #5 and #9 are home runs!clap.gifthumbiloveyou.gif

#1 has noticeable vignetting....probably intentional....#6 needs to have leading lines of road be more prominent....maybe lower pov or bigger aperture for flowers to fade away. JMO.

Great stuff!!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2014
    Fine shots of such beautiful scenes.... Texas? Who knew?
    I could definitely live in the house in #5!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited April 19, 2014
    somehow I never imagined Texas as a place that would offer this kind of color! Love # 4...

--- Denise
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 19, 2014
    Randy, your work never fails to WOW! me. BEAUTIFUL!!!

and #7, lol3.gif
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2014
    Well, pard, had you shot just a flower or two, I was all prepared to bash you ( lightly, of course ) for your transgression. But, lordy, you shot billions of the things....overwhelmed me so bad I can't even make a response.

I have to say, the Bluebonnet displays you captured are as good as any I've ever seen.....some quite impressive posturing on nature's part.

You may be rusty, bro, but you still have the touch. Good work.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    These are beautiful shots! Love the blooming flowers which is welcoming the spring season.

Thank you Christina!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    #3, #4, #5 and #9 are home runs!clap.gifthumbiloveyou.gif

#1 has noticeable vignetting....probably intentional....#6 needs to have leading lines of road be more prominent....maybe lower pov or bigger aperture for flowers to fade away. JMO.

Great stuff!!

Hey Taz,

Thanks for looking, and your right on both of your observations. No way to shoot lower at this road as it's going through a gate. Thanks for your comments!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    Fine shots of such beautiful scenes.... Texas? Who knew?
    I could definitely live in the house in #5!

Howdy Eric,

Texas can show-boat with the best of em'... Problem is, she "don't want to" most of the time. rolleyes1.gif

The house on the hill... You know you'd just have mountain bike trails all over it :D
    Randy
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    somehow I never imagined Texas as a place that would offer this kind of color! Love # 4...

--- Denise

Howdy Denise,

This is Texas "color" time of year. As a general rule, we don't get much fall color here. Down in the hill country of central Texas, the Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrushes (as in pic #3) can really put on a show, blanketing hill after rolling hill. Something to truly see. I doubt that I'll get down that way this Bluebonnet season :cry

Thanks as always for looking in, and I'm glad that I could show you some of Texas beauty.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    Angelo wrote: »
    Randy, your work never fails to WOW! me. BEAUTIFUL!!!

and #7, lol3.gif

Angelo, your always too kind!

Those horses I believe to be Morgan's. A great draft horse. That little one in the pic, it comes up chest high. These are BIG horses!

Thanks as always for looking in.
    Randy
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2014
    Looks like it didn't take long to remember how to press the little button.

Of course your breaking all of the rough Texan's with their big cowboy hats the stereotypes with your pocket dog and pretty little flower pictures. :D:D:D

Sam
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    Well, pard, had you shot just a flower or two, I was all prepared to bash you ( lightly, of course ) for your transgression. But, lordy, you shot billions of the things....overwhelmed me so bad I can't even make a response.

I have to say, the Bluebonnet displays you captured are as good as any I've ever seen.....some quite impressive posturing on nature's part.

You may be rusty, bro, but you still have the touch. Good work.thumb.gif

Tom

Howdy Pard,

I already had my defense set-up:
    "These are landscapes, I can't help it if flowers were involved" rolleyes1.gif

I've always been told that I have the touch... just "in the head" eek7.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2014
    Sam wrote: »
    Looks like it didn't take long to remember how to press the little button.

Of course your breaking all of the rough Texan's with their big cowboy hats the stereotypes with your pocket dog and pretty little flower pictures. :D:D:D

Sam

Sam,

I just have no argument for that. ne_nau.gif

I am trying to rehabilitate though...
    I sold my Mini Cooper and bought a pickup truck again, and... we still have a coon-dog too rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    Sam,

I just have no argument for that. ne_nau.gif

I am trying to rehabilitate though...
    I sold my Mini Cooper and bought a pickup truck again, and... we still have a coon-dog too rolleyes1.gif

OK, that makes more sense. The coon dog needs a pet, and food taster, understandable.

Sam
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2014
    A Texan driving a mini-cooper? Glad to know your back in a pick-up! Seriously beautiful country and you captured it well!