Options

problem when viewing big pictures??

denlexdenlex Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 30, 2014 in SmugMug Support
When I -or a client-- clicks on one of my pics in a gallery, the pic then opens in the largest size i have allowed...so far so good..and there are arrows on screen showing navigation, left and right, for your mouse...

However, i find that when the big picture opens a small strip at the bottom does not reveal unless you deliberately take your mouse away from a navigation arrow and leave it untouched for three seconds...
at that point the strip of picture at the bottom reveals..but the minute you move your mouse the strip of picture again disappears...

Now I find that many of my clients are clicking their way thru my pics with the navigation arrows and they tell me they are never seeing that bottom strip...

Is there any way around this..seems that for a photo viewing site this behavior hinders the full view??

thanks
Stan

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2014
    How about a link so that those who can help, can help?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited April 29, 2014
    denlex wrote: »
    ...i find that when the big picture opens a small strip at the bottom does not reveal unless you deliberately take your mouse away from a navigation arrow and leave it untouched for three seconds...
    at that point the strip of picture at the bottom reveals..but the minute you move your mouse the strip of picture again disappears...
    That shaded area is deliberate - it's the background for the photo title, caption, and keywords.

You should be able to remove it with CSS. See Remove Captions and Bar in Lightbox.

Andy's right though - for most help we need to see your site. Please add a link to your signature so it is always available to the helpers here. Click the clipboard icon on the navbar above, then Edit Signature. Begin your link with http:// to make it clickable.

--- Denise
  • Options
    denlexdenlex Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 30, 2014
    thanks for all your help..I was able to get the full picture to display by adding a CSS code as you recommended...
    that was quick and easy!!
    thanks
    Stan
    http://stanweiss.smugmug.com/