Options

Trial Period?

jnickosonjnickoson Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 8, 2014 in SmugMug Support
So I used to have the old pro account back in the day, but then it got super expensive and I dropped to a lower level as I wasn't really using the site/features at the time. But now I'm looking to get back into it and trying to compare features/products/prices around the interwebs and I'm running into a snag... I would like to perhaps stay with smugmug but I can't find a way to do a trail upgrade to see how those feature sets compare to other sites online and how the pricing scheme is laid out (as I do want to make money after all without making my prints too expensive to buy).

Is there a way to do this or can I just temporarily upgrade for a few weeks at a pro-rated rate and then downgrade again if I find the service/features/prices to be better somewhere else? I don't want to just blindly leap and then be out the extra money if it doesn't work out (not that its much compared to the thousands I've already spent on stock and supplies etc thus far).

Comments

• Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2014
    When you downgrade, you will be issued referral credits based on pro-rating.
  • Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2014
    When you change your account level to Portfolio or Business, the charge for upgrading will be the difference between your current account level and the one you change to, and it'll be prorated for the amount of time left in your current subscription. So if you're paying yearly and you have Power now at $60/year, and you move to Portfolio at $150/year, the difference is $90. If your account renewal is coming up soon, that $90 will be prorated and be much less. You'd then renew at the higher account level price.

If you decide to downgrade back to the previous lower level within 30 days, please contact our help desk and we can change the account back and refund the upgrade charge. If it's after 30 days, you'd need to downgrade within your Account Settings > Me > Subscription, and you would receive a credit toward future renewals for the difference between the higher and lower level.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Take care,
    Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/