Options

gallery key word search

trihokietrihokie Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited May 13, 2014 in SmugMug Support
is there a quick and easy way to add individual key words to hundreds of photos in a gallery and be able to search that gallery for those key words? In particular, I shoot local road races, and I would like to add the competitor's race number to as many photos as possible (as a key word or something searchable) so that they can plug their race number in the "search" box and all of their photos will display.
Thanks

Hokies Rule!
www.trihokie.com

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2014
    In terms of working with bulk keywords, iIn the organizer, navigate to the gallery you want to work with, and click the wrench icon at the top. Select captions and keywords.
    This will take you to the legacy system of adding and correcting keywords in bulk.

In terms of using numbers as keywords, someone else will need to speak to that, whether there are issues or not.
    Also, I believe you need to separate keywords with - well, I'm not sure. I want to say colons, but someone else will need to give us an update about the right rules for codes, as Smugmug has been modifying keyword rules substantially. You may need to use double quotes for example.

EDITED TO CORRECT! Semicolons work, not colons. Duh.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 13, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Also, I believe you need to separate keywords with - well, I'm not sure. I want to say colons, but someone else will need to give us an update about the right rules for codes, as Smugmug has been modifying keyword rules substantially.
    semi-colons work, not colons.

--- Denise