Glasses help

MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited December 24, 2005 in Finishing School
I'm still new at this and I need some basic help please:D . Is the only way to get rid of the glare on the glasses by cloning, or can something be done with the way they're holding their heads? Also, my son on the left has bi-focals that really show up in an enlarged picture. Is there anything that can be done with that, or is that also elimated by cloning? Thanks!
Kathy
49385272-S.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    Hey, Kathy. It would really help to know what software you're using, so we don't give you advice you can't use :D

Also, I'm moving this to the software forum...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    The only thing I have is the photostudio thingy that came with my PC. However, I am looking into buying a photoshop package, but I don't know where to start. Do you have any recommendations for a beginner that wants to have fun with the pics, but doesn't want to spend too much money? Thanks!
    Kathy
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    MotoKat wrote:
    The only thing I have is the photostudio thingy that came with my PC. However, I am looking into buying a photoshop package, but I don't know where to start. Do you have any recommendations for a beginner that wants to have fun with the pics, but doesn't want to spend too much money? Thanks!
    Kathy

Photoshop Elements
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited December 24, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:

thumb.gif Excellent, at just the right price too!
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    MotoKat wrote:
    or can something be done with the way they're holding their heads?

An old trick that mostly works, is to have them tip the glasses slightly when you take the shot... basically lift the ear piece a quarter to half inch above the ear, but keep the bridge of the glasses on their nose. To a large extent this depends on the positioning of the subject, but in stock school photo type pose, it works great. In the position you showed... it might work... or give you some ideas to play with if they're willing.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
    edited December 24, 2005
    cabbey wrote:
    or give you some ideas to play with if they're willing.
    lol3.gif You must deal with kids! Thanks cabbey, I'll certainly try that next time.