Does it need straightening?

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited May 17, 2014 in Finishing School
Dear all,
one of the thinks that is very confusing for me is when I have to straighten and how much it is needed.
I am giving here an example i-629xHKj-L.jpg. would you try to straight this image or not?
I find that once I try straightening, like the pillar close to the guy holding the antenna then all other pillars start looking weird. What are the points that need straightening corrections and which are the parts of the photo that do not need it?

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards
Alex

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2014
    If you have Photoshop (I think 5 and 6) you could use the "perspective crop" tool (in the crop group).
    You would then be able to crop parallel to the left hand column without changing the right hand columns??
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2014
    alaios wrote: »
    would you try to straight this image or not?
    I find that once I try straightening, like the pillar close to the guy holding the antenna then all other pillars start looking weird. What are the points that need straightening corrections and which are the parts of the photo that do not need it?
    Yes, I would straighten this image. The trick is to use the Transform tool and choose the Skew function of that tool. By holding the Ctrl key, you can pull corners of the image to skew one side or another. If you don't understand Skew (and you evidently don't), Google for tutorials for the Transform tool.

I would align these for edges within the image:
    align.jpg

Here is your image before that correction:
    align2.jpg
  • AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2014
    Totally off-topic so my apologies, but just wanted to say - I have read your book Peano - good read!

Anthony.
  • PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2014
    Anthony wrote: »
    Totally off-topic so my apologies, but just wanted to say - I have read your book Peano - good read!

Anthony.
    Thank you, Anthony. I'm glad you enjoyed it!