Options

American Badger

agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited May 23, 2014 in Wildlife
Taken with a Nikon D3200 with a 18-55 VR lens. Three strobe flash set up. Enjoy.

DSC_0092-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2014
    Very cool shot. You were awfully close to it. Is this a captive animal?
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    Very cool shot. You were awfully close to it. Is this a captive animal?

Nope this is a wild animal. This was taken with a Nikon D3200 with a IR trigger with a three strobe flash set up.

So basically, i set up a camera, find a focus point of were i am hoping that a critter walks by and set the IR trigger and walk away. Everything is set up in manual mode. Even the flashes. This picture was taken at Midnight if i remember right. Every once in a while you will get a great capture like this one.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Nope this is a wild animal. This was taken with a Nikon D3200 with a IR trigger with a three strobe flash set up.

So basically, i set up a camera, find a focus point of were i am hoping that a critter walks by and set the IR trigger and walk away. Everything is set up in manual mode. Even the flashes. This picture was taken at Midnight if i remember right. Every once in a while you will get a great capture like this one.

That's awesome! I was wondering how in the world you could get 3 strobes setup. It would be interesting to see a photo of your setup. Do you leave the camera out in the open or it is contained in something?
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    That's awesome! I was wondering how in the world you could get 3 strobes setup. It would be interesting to see a photo of your setup. Do you leave the camera out in the open or it is contained in something?

Give me a second Hunter, i will find a picture of one of my setups
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2014
    Here you go Hunter. This is a picture of the set up that captured the Badger photo. You can see the box that i put the Nikon in and right beside that is a little black box, that is the IR motion detector. You can see three Nikon SB28 flashes up in the trees.
    I will leave a camera set up like this for weeks at a time. I have a couple of cameras 600 miles from me that I will leave up in the mountains for months at a time.

i-95qMf2z-L.jpg
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2014
    Here you go Hunter. This is a picture of the set up that captured the Badger photo. You can see the box that i put the Nikon in and right beside that is a little black box, that is the IR motion detector. You can see three Nikon SB28 flashes up in the trees.
    I will leave a camera set up like this for weeks at a time. I have a couple of cameras 600 miles from me that I will leave up in the mountains for months at a time.

i-95qMf2z-L.jpg

:jawdrop
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2014
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2014
    That's quite a setup. You have lots of patience.
    Its a lot of fun and man can you get some amazing pictures.
  • Options
    muddleupmuddleup Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2014
    lovely shot, looks a lot thinner than its European cousin