Options

Guest upload on Pro site

arwynarwyn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited December 24, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I've gotten a smugmug site for my parents and set up a seperate domain name for them but when you go to the domain name there is no way to upload pictures. I had to add a link to the smugmug site for them to upload from there.

Also is there any better help pages for customizing the webpage. I've figured out some of the stuff but are far from the cool examples that are supplied on the site.

Thanks,
Jon

Comments

• Options
    arwynarwyn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 24, 2005
    One other thing. Is there a way that filenames when downloaded from the site can be either the picture name or the original name from the file that was uploaded or does it have to be the filename created by smugmug. For instance, if I upload a picture to my site and my parents download it to their computer, is there any way to make it automatically save as the original file name.

www.chezdaviesphotos.com

Thanks a bunch.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    arwyn wrote:
    I've gotten a smugmug site for my parents and set up a seperate domain name for them but when you go to the domain name there is no way to upload pictures. I had to add a link to the smugmug site for them to upload from there.

Also is there any better help pages for customizing the webpage. I've figured out some of the stuff but are far from the cool examples that are supplied on the site.

Thanks,
    Jon

Hi Jon,

What is the site name please and I'll help you. And the customdomain name, too.

Loads fo customiztion help here
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=20742
    and when you have specific questions, ask them in the customization forum and there's usually a race between all the helpful folks to see who can answer you quickest lol3.gif

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    OK they need to login - have you explained that to them?

chezdavies.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2005
    You must be on your non-forwarded smugmug site to log in.

You'll find tons of customizing help on dgrin thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/