Options

No Title

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited May 23, 2014 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,884 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2014
    This is a compelling image. It is not easy to immediately put my finger on why I like it, but I'll try. It is all about the composition, I like how the frame is diagonally divided between sand and sky with the silhouettes highliting the division. The stormy sky, how the diagonal bends slightly on the right as it goes out of frame... And it all works together well. Nice BW conversion too, but we are already used to that from you.mwink.gif
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    This is a compelling image. It is not easy to immediately put my finger on why I like it, but I'll try. It is all about the composition, I like how the frame is diagonally divided between sand and sky with the silhouettes highliting the division. The stormy sky, how the diagonal bends slightly on the right as it goes out of frame... And it all works together well. Nice BW conversion too, but we are already used to that from you.mwink.gif

Thank You for your interest!
    I had been working with an outline in my mind for some time. I wanted to make an image with (figures of) people participating in some type of activity in an environment where the shapes of the people blended in and I wanted the image to offer a sense of movement as well. I was compelled to create the image because of the sand that was blowing towards me and that is what brought this image together for me.