Options

Search within current folder not working properly

pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
edited May 27, 2014 in Bug Reporting
My site isn't unveiled yet so I can't share an example, but I added a search box content block to every folder with the scope set to current location. Search results are appearing from other folders as well. The initial search results are from the correct folder but then as I scroll down, results from other folders are included. I haven't had this happen on gallery-specific searches, only folders.

Can someone else confirm this bug?

Dave

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2014
    Hey Pilot Dave,

If you'll email us at the help desk, we can take a look at your settings in your migrated account, and see what might be going on.

Thanks,
    Lindy ~ Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2014
    Lindy wrote: »
    Hey Pilot Dave,

If you'll email us at the help desk, we can take a look at your settings in your migrated account, and see what might be going on.

Thanks,
    Lindy ~ Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/

Emailed and got a quick response. It was completely incorrect information, but hey, it was quick. "The Search Content Block will always populate results from your entire site" was the gist of it.

Don't worry, I informed the support hero about the scope setting. It's still new... can't expect everyone to know about it yet. mwink.gif

Dave
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2014
    Just a little more info about how this appears to happen in case anyone wants to quickly add a current location search content block to a folder to see if they can recreate it.

The search results appear correct at first. Upon scrolling down, when the second batch of thumbnails load, it brings in results from other folders. Scrolling back to the top reveals that the number of images found has increased to a new total, including those from other folders.

Dave
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2014
    To update, the help desk suggested this was being caused because I have two search boxes on my folders and galleries. One is a full site search in the header (entire site), and then folders and galleries have a "current location" search box as well. They could not confirm if this is a bug related to having multiple search boxes. I tried temporarily removing the entire site search box to see if that would fix the folder search, and it didn't. I believe this is simply a bug in current folder search boxes.

Dave