Options

Take Me Home, Country Roads!

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited May 26, 2014 in Wildlife
Found a new long way home!:ivar
Captured some, missed many, and saw some critters at distance that didn't even attempt to capture.....hope to get em someday! All criticism and helpful pointers always cherished!

1)

IMG_4685-X2.jpg

2)

IMG_4758-X2.jpg

3)

IMG_4755-X2.jpg

4)

IMG_4761-X2.jpg

5)

IMG_4766-X2.jpg

6)

IMG_4887-X2.jpg

7)

IMG_4865-X2.jpg

8)

IMG_4918-X2.jpg

9)

IMG_5015-X2.jpg

10)

IMG_5046-X2.jpg

11)

IMG_5148-X2.jpg

12)

IMG_5175-X2.jpg

13)

IMG_5139-X2.jpg

14)

IMG_5144-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2014
    You got some nice shots and variety. Nice ride for sure. Not crazy about the last shot though with the Nictitating membrane closed.
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2014
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    You got some nice shots and variety. Nice ride for sure. Not crazy about the last shot though with the Nictitating membrane closed.

Thanks Hunter!! Your shots have been inspiring!

It is rarest of occurrences for me to sort of like my own shot.....but if I had to only pick one and delete rest, last shot would be the one that I would keep....worked extra hard to ensure that closed Nictitating membrane drew attention and at least on my monitor, the iris is still slightly visible....(thanks for dropping the knowledge, didn't know the term Nictitating membrane till you mentioned it).

What I couldn't convey in form of art, perhaps words will help change your mind regarding the last one.....the picture immediately made me think, this has to be the "Lord of the Illuminati"!rolleyes1.gif

Keep up the great work!thumb.gif Cheers!
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2014
    Wow that is fine shootin on them there country roads
    Beautiful work makes you stop and look into the shot more, draws you in
    11 n 7 are my favorites
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks Hunter!! Your shots have been inspiring!

It is rarest of occurrences for me to sort of like my own shot.....but if I had to only pick one and delete rest, last shot would be the one that I would keep....worked extra hard to ensure that closed Nictitating membrane drew attention and at least on my monitor, the iris is still slightly visible....(thanks for dropping the knowledge, didn't know the term Nictitating membrane till you mentioned it).

What I couldn't convey in form of art, perhaps words will help change your mind regarding the last one.....the picture immediately made me think, this has to be the "Lord of the Illuminati"!rolleyes1.gif

Keep up the great work!thumb.gif Cheers!

I took another look and I will say it's growing on me. It does have some type of mystical look to it.
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2014
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    Wow that is fine shootin on them there country roads
    Beautiful work makes you stop and look into the shot more, draws you in
    11 n 7 are my favorites

Thanks Chris! Greatly appreciated!! wings.gif
    Hope you are well and getting your shooting fingers itchy!
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2014
    3, 8, and zombie vulture are my favs. Nice work!!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited May 26, 2014
    I seem to prefer the monochrome images of the squirrel and the zombie vulture. I usually delete nictitating membrane shots, but yours is rather interesting.

Your color images are good technically, but to my eye, seem slightly over sharpened , and over saturated. Maybe I am just cranky this afternoon, but I wonder if your color images might be even more pleasing if they were ever so slightly softer, both in color saturation and sharpening. This is not a photographic issue, but of the artist's taste.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2014
    3, 8, and zombie vulture are my favs. Nice work!!

Thanks JBR!!
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I seem to prefer the monochrome images of the squirrel and the zombie vulture. I usually delete nictitating membrane shots, but yours is rather interesting.

Your color images are good technically, but to my eye, seem slightly over sharpened , and over saturated. Maybe I am just cranky this afternoon, but I wonder if your color images might be even more pleasing if they were ever so slightly softer, both in color saturation and sharpening. This is not a photographic issue, but of the artist's taste.

Thanks Jim! I appreciate the feedback and agree with it. Did go heavy on vibrance and clarity on some shots. Great to be reminded that it did go over and was noticed.........for the little bird shots, I never feel if they are truly sharp and they had such brilliant colors that I wanted to highlight it....knew I might be messing it up....will check it in future! Cheers!thumb.gif