Options

Sorting Catigories?

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited December 26, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Slowly but surely, a techno dummy is beginning to understand a few things and here is an issue I think is now clear...help me out. :dunno My homepage is organized by catigories and galleries underneath that...logical presentation and works great. But when you want to organize your homepage structured by catigories, you have to go to sort galleries (by position in this case)...it seems anyway. When you sort by galleries, you get every gallery you ever created, and the sorting by catigory works by getting the latest gallery in a certain catigory where you want it--then your catigories on the home page is as you want. Is this how it works? It is just very easy to lose track when the galleries start to pile up and is not intuitive, here anyway. Is there another way to sort catigories without having to sort galleries? Hopefully I explained that right...I can do a screenshot if that would help explain it. Thanks much, best, Shane

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2005
    Must sort galleries to sort categories
    Is there another way to sort catigories without having to sort galleries?

Nope, the only way to sort categories is to sort the galleries within them. It does get pretty challenging when you have lots of galleries, but it can be done, just slowly. Hopefully smugmug will let us just sort categories directly sometime soon. Here was a similar thread with this same answer.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 26, 2005
    Ok, thanks John...SM will most likely work on this so will wait for a fix, thanks for the note.