Options

Manatees

Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
edited June 6, 2014 in Wildlife
While out birding this morning I came across three Manatees playing in the water.

p840306116-5.jpg

p724936178-5.jpg

p586840897-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2014
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    While out birding this morning I came across three Manatees playing in the water.

Nice grabs Hunter.
    I have tried to get shots of these guys so many times when I lived in Florida and always came away with a slight bump in the water, or a tail swirl and nothing recognizable.
    The only place I found that allows a person any shot of capturing these behemoths was at Blue Springs while they are wintering there.
    I never see them stick their heads out far enough to warrant a decent photo.
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2014
    shawnc wrote: »
    Hunter58 wrote: »

Nice grabs Hunter.
    I have tried to get shots of these guys so many times when I lived in Florida and always came away with a slight bump in the water, or a tail swirl and nothing recognizable.
    The only place I found that allows a person any shot of capturing these behemoths was at Blue Springs while they are wintering there.
    I never see them stick their heads out far enough to warrant a decent photo.

I know what you mean. Most times I just get the nostrils. These seemed to be playing, rubbing each other. I did have a few shots of just a flipper above the water as they would roll around.