Options

Chukar

hstrynrdhstrynrd Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
edited June 5, 2014 in Wildlife
Found this Chukar in my parent's back yard. We've never seen this type of bird where we live and even more there is only one that has been wandering around. Was drinking from a little stream of water that was leaking out of a pool. I've never posted before, but I've observed this site a lot for tips and tricks. I've basically been teaching myself photography as a hobby for the last 3 years and now am finally feeling confident enough to post. C & C welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2014
    You've got yourself an escapee. Nice point of view and low angle on that shot. Hope to see you post more.
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2014
    Thanks. I was laying flat on some gravel with my camera and lens resting on the ground for stabilization.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2014
    Beautiful bird! Nice shot! Rare POV! If there was room to frame if bit more off center with space on left.....it may look even better. JMO!
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Stumblebum. Unfortunately I shot it vertically so even if I undo some of the crop it won't add much to the left side. Definitely will take that into account in the future.