Options

Faunia, Madrid

OriasOrias Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited June 19, 2014 in Wildlife
A few shots from Faunia in Madrid, Spain. Faunia is sort of an "open" zoo with a lot of animals/birds running around freely (not the dangerous ones of course!). I guess they hang around for the easy food!

YellowFrog2_3-XL.jpg

GreenIguana1_1-XL.jpg

Meerkat2_2-XL.jpg

Eagle_3-XL.jpg

Cheers, Ori

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2014
    Good shots Ori! Light, sharpness, composition and expressions are fantastic! If you post-process (I do), it may be worth the effort to burn the bright leaf on top left in the first shot.....it is acting as eye-pull and taking away attention from main subject. Same goes for the log on top right of second shot.....if it can be cloned out and vignetting can be enhanced a tad, it would look better. Nice variety! Good work!
  • Options
    OriasOrias Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2014
    Hey Stumblebum,

Thanks very much for the compliments, and for the advice. It's great to get this sort of perspective from someone who hasn't sat in front of the images with a very one-sided approach. I do indeed PP, and I never really considered that leaf, and that log, when I was going through the process. Now that you mention them, I can see how they draw some of the attention away from the main subject.

I'll see what I can do to fix those at some point. I think I can clone the log out if I am very careful and take my time. The leaf will probably be a bit trickier, but maybe a simple drop in exposure of that area will take away some of the "harshness".

Thanks again, appreciate the feedback!
    Cheers, James
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2014
    Love that first image.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"