Options

Right Click Protection

2»

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2014
    So if we'd suddenly be removing the right click option on folder and gallery tiles, there'd be an outcry a lot security conscious users very concerned with their photos getting stolen and used all over Facebook etc.
    I don't recall any RCP in folders (cat, sub-cat) before this change and heard no outcry in the
    forums. I used to RCP my galleries and saw none of this RCP for folders until this change. I've recently
    removed RCP from everywhere.

Any photo up to the allowable max size set in a gallery can be grabbed just by changing the url. So RCP
    is technically useless other then a warning.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I don't recall any RCP in folders (cat, sub-cat) before this change and heard no outcry in the forums. I used to RCP my galleries and saw none of this RCP for folders until this change. I've recently removed RCP from everywhere.
    Just to make sure: You have removed RCP from all galeries but it is still active on folders? I was going to do the same until some1 told me RCP would still be active on folders.

For now i just changed the RCP-message until a final solution by SM is there...
    Allen wrote: »
    Any photo up to the allowable max size set in a gallery can be grabbed just by changing the url. So RCP is technically useless other then a warning.
    Well... it is a right-click protection, not a "grab my photos"-protection :D So it is doing what it should do, it prevents users from right-click on photos to save it.