Options

Beggar

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited June 23, 2014 in Wildlife
Found a local panhandler / beggar while hiking in southern Ohio...

IMG_9784-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2014
    Hope you didn't give him any change.....you know it is just going to just use it to buy some alcohol.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2014
    Cool catch -very nice pose/composition of a great subject! Racoons are just darn cute...
    imo though, the image looks a bit washed-out... overexposed or low in contrast - some of the detail in the foliage and fur is lost.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Hope you didn't give him any change.....you know it is just going to just use it to buy some alcohol.

Exactly!
    Earache wrote: »
    Cool catch -very nice pose/composition of a great subject! Racoons are just darn cute...
    imo though, the image looks a bit washed-out... overexposed or low in contrast - some of the detail in the foliage and fur is lost.

Thanks for the feedback! I was trying some processing methods on this one that work on some, not on all. Below is the original shot, out of the camera.

IMG_9784-L.jpg
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2014
    I vote for second one! Cheers!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2014
    I think I agree. I'm getting further from enjoying the post process, trying to keep that at a minimum. Because of the most recent beer shoot assignment, I've had to go crazy with post to make the pics look like they came from different people. I guess I got into a routine with it altogether lol
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2014
    Yes, second one is much better... in general, realism is the best approach for wildlife images.
    Eric ~ Smugmug