Options

Incomplete category details on my homepage

SpagbagSpagbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited December 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

This is probably a super-dumb first post, but hey...

All of a sudden I'm having problems with the categories on my homepage. Categories and subcategories are in the same order they always were, but one of my categories is no longer displaying the number of galleries within it, the number of photos within it, or the last edited date. It still shows this info when I click on the category name and go into subcategories, but on the homepage, it's incomplete - and it's bugging me! Can I restore this information somehow? :scratch
Any pointers gratefully received.

Cheers.

PS. I initially came on here looking for Smugmug support, but got totally distracted by the stunning pics and the great advice on all matters photography. I will be stopping by often to learn and gawp some more!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Spagbag wrote:
    Hi,

This is probably a super-dumb first post, but hey...

All of a sudden I'm having problems with the categories on my homepage. Categories and subcategories are in the same order they always were, but one of my categories is no longer displaying the number of galleries within it, the number of photos within it, or the last edited date. It still shows this info when I click on the category name and go into subcategories, but on the homepage, it's incomplete - and it's bugging me! Can I restore this information somehow? headscratch.gif
    Any pointers gratefully received.

Cheers.

PS. I initially came on here looking for Smugmug support, but got totally distracted by the stunning pics and the great advice on all matters photography. I will be stopping by often to learn and gawp some more!

wave.gif Hi and welcome to dgrin! Your site name please? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi and welcome to dgrin! Your site name please? ear.gif
    www.bella.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2005
    Spagbag wrote:

That's a stumper. I'll ask one of the engineers to look. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    You had two galleries that were customized as "clean", so it cascades up to the category on your homepage as "clean" and the extra info does not show up.

I customized them so that the info is now there on the homepage.
    Andy wrote:
    That's a stumper. I'll ask one of the engineers to look. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    You had two galleries that were customized as "clean", so it cascades up to the category on your homepage as "clean" and the extra info does not show up.

I customized them so that the info is now there on the homepage.

OK I learned something here. If even ONE gallery is set to "clean" in the category, then the whole category will show up as clean. Good to know. Thanks JT bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2005
    Ahaa, I get it now.
    Thanks very much for your help! thumb.gif