Options

Password Protected Folder with Galleries inside - what can or can't i do?

wootenwooten Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 28, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have created an unlisted folder with a password that will include galleries for folks to browse (whomever I give the password to).

Am I doing this the right way by setting the folder as 'anyone with a link can view' and adding a password and letting the galleries inherit those properties, or is there a better way?

The thing I don't like so far is that the unlisted images show to anyone who's used the password when they go to my main site within a section I have on the front page that shows 'recent photos'

If I'm doing this right, how can I at least change the upload date of these photos, or otherwise exclude them to keep them out of my 'recent photos' pane for those whom I need to have access to the unlisted, password protected gallery?

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2014
    Galleries inherit the security of their Folder. If all of the Galleries have the same password, when someone enters the password the first time (on a Gallery), it will unlock the remaining Galleries with the same password.

If a user has "unlocked" those image, it's quite possible they'll see them displayed elsewhere on your site (including Recent photos). There's really no way to prevent this.