Samantha with a softbox

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited December 26, 2005 in People
Playing around with my softbox. Still finding my pics are a little underexposed. Any thoughts on the lighting placement?

49637327-L.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Playing around with my softbox. Still finding my pics are a little underexposed. Any thoughts on the lighting placement?
    Hi mitchell always enjoy your shots!! it's wonderful! I can't help with lighting looks great to me.. your girls are always smilin ya know?thumb.gif
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    ok, i may sound dumb, but what IS a softbox?

headscratch.gif
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    livinginoz wrote:
    ok, i may sound dumb, but what IS a softbox?

headscratch.gif

No dumb questions. A softbox is generally a large, cloth diffuser over your strobe or light. I use a softbox which is actually an umbrella with cloth over it which is lit by my flash. You can actually see the image of my softbox in the reflection of her eye.
    edited December 26, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi mitchell always enjoy your shots!! it's wonderful! I can't help with lighting looks great to me.. your girls are always smilin ya know?thumb.gif

Thanks, Lynn.

Now that winter is upon you, when are we going to see more of the indoor portraiture you were working on last year?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Mitch, what's in your set-up other than the softbox?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited December 26, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Mitch, what's in your set-up other than the softbox?

Sid,
    I use an on camera flash which wirelessly triggers my softbox flash. The on camera flash is a Nikon SB 800 which is dialed down and pointed at the ceiling. That is the second catchlight you can see in her eye. The softbox flash is an SB600. The camera is a Nikon D2X. I didn't use any other reflectors.