Options

Persisting Address & Tool Bar on iPhone

NY2LANY2LA Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited July 2, 2014 in Bug Reporting
I don't have an iPhone, but I check to see how my images on SmugMug look on an iPhone during one-to-one training at the Apple Store. The iPhones provided by the trainer always have the latest version of iOS 7 on them.

I am using Collage Landscape for my galleries. On three occasions, I have found the address bar at the top, and tool bar at the bottom, do not go away, when viewing my photos in one of my Collage Landscape style galleries, while holding the iPhone in landscape orientation.

Has anyone else experienced this?

To replicate this issue:

1.) Use an iPhone. The iPad does not have this issue.

2.) Find a Collage Landscape style gallery. Try looking at the individual photos in the gallery, one at a time; the images are fitted to the iPhone monitor because of its responsive design (no scrolling is involved to go from one photo to another photo.)

3.) Hold the iPhone in the landscape orientation, and keep it held in that orientation. Do not switch to holding the iPhone in Portrait orientation.

Elsewhere on the site, scrolling down will eliminate the address bar and tool bar. I don't know about other gallery styles, but presumably, the problem does not occur with the Journal gallery style, because it involves scrolling down.

Collage Landscape does not involve scrolling down, which is one of the reasons I like it. But perhaps that is the source of the problem.