Black and White

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited February 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
Can I have a comment on this picture, please ?!...
Thank you :thumb
What do you think of the B&W ?
Isn't it great ? :):
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Another
    And this one ?thumb.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    hey, Antonio...

While the second shot strikes me as something that most likely has more personal interest for you than for me, the first shot has caught a moment that I find interesting.

Two friends sharing a meal and a moment amid all the visual chaos that surrounds them. I like that. What is missing in the shot, for me, is the kind of dead-on composition that this shot really requires. The right side of the window is right at the edge of the frame...either give it a little room to breathe, or lose it. Also the tilt in the image is not enough to help, but is just enough to hurt and distract from the subject matter.

I also wonder why black and white? I'd like to see it in color, as I can't think of a good reason why the shot needs to be b&w.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    I like them Both
    Can I have a comment on this picture, please ?!...
    Thank you thumb.gif
    What do you think of the B&W ?
    Isn't it great ? :):

I agree with David about your two shots, and I am sure they would look great done in colour .......were they shot in colour then changed to B&W ?
    I'd like to see the colour versions of both shots :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    I like them both as well, and I like them in B&W
    but I think playing around with your DOF would make more impact - it seems that the people aren't as crisp as they should be, and if you use a shallower DOF it would soften the background and make them pop more..
    edited January 30, 2006
    Sorry I did not
    reply to you on the right time.
    May be I read your posts and forgot to anwser later ...
    I transformed the pictures to B&W because I was then very enthousiastic about the power of CR2 window in PS CS2.
    I think the B&W is very nice and pure.

On the other hand I have been lately reading about LAB and Rutt pots and yourown.
    I have bought the Margulis book (of course!... :)) but I am already doing somethings better than before. The book is above the ocean now.

I do quite agree with the What is missing in the shot, for me, is the kind of dead-on composition that this shot really requires. The right side of the window is right at the edge of the frame...either give it a little room to breathe, or lose it. Also the tilt in the image is not enough to help, but is just enough to hurt and distract from the subject matter.

Anyway I am here now to thank you for the comments.:D
    To you and to everybody else :D
    ___
    Only today I am joining the originals in color and the re-composed picture, this one now and the others in a few moments.
    Is it better now ? clap.gif
    edited February 1, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    I agree with David about your two shots, and I am sure they would look great done in colour .......were they shot in colour then changed to B&W ?
    I'd like to see the colour versions of both shots :D Skippy (Australia)
    Yes they were shot in color in RAW and converted to B&W in the RAW window in PS CS2.
    Thank you :D
    edited February 1, 2006
    and...
    the girls talking...