Options

Download Gallery Question

MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited July 11, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Not sure if this is the right place or not...here goes....

I offer my clients a bulk order download in which I take their chosen images from the original gallery, upload them to a private gallery and order the download zip file link. I give them the link to download.

The problem I'm having is explaining to them how to download it. Seriously....people here apparently don't download much. This has saved me so much money in purchasing disks and flash drives that's crazy, but I can't get it through to them how to download it.

Does anyone here or SM have a "layman" explanation for the zipfile download that I can use?

Michelle

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2014
    All they'd need to do is to simply click the zip link you send them. The download will start immediately as soon as they click that link. The download will typically appear in their download folder on their computer, or their browser may prompt them as to where they want to save the file. Once the download is complete, they can simply unzip the downloaded file, which will give them a folder that contains all the photos. Do note that the zip file links have a 2 week shelf life, so if it's been more than 2 weeks since you generated that link, the link would no longer work. You'd just need to generate a new zip link and send that to your client.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2014
    Can you send directions for making the zipfile download link in the first place? I remember on legacy it was possible to "download all" but I don't see that on the new SM. I can only find how to change right-click protection, which is not what I'm after since I want to offer full-res not screen-size. I can also see how to add downloads to a price-list, but that doesn't make sense if it's meant to be free (I can't make it cheaper than the base cost).

Thanks.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited July 11, 2014
    LiveAwake wrote: »
    Can you send directions for making the zipfile download link in the first place? I remember on legacy it was possible to "download all" but I don't see that on the new SM.
    See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93331-how-do-i-download-all-images-in-a-gallery-.
    LiveAwake wrote: »
    I can also see how to add downloads to a price-list, but that doesn't make sense if it's meant to be free (I can't make it cheaper than the base cost).
    If you want downloads to be free you can set up the gallery to allow your viewers to download individual photos. Set the max size to Original and set right click protection to off.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93266-can-i-download-photos-from-my-smugmug-site-to-print-myself.

--- Denise
  • Options
    LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2014
    Thanks Denise!

Kind of a weird system for allowing downloads, but it will do.