A Photo Record

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited December 27, 2005 in People
49716704-L.jpg

Of Christmas..........

Above, Bill, we went to Charlotte, NC, USA: family

Below, Julie makes gravy (the beer was not for the gravy)

49718633-L.jpg

Below, Sara talks to her daughter who listens.......all ended well.

49718628-L.jpg

Below, the picture of "my grandmother knitting" in my daughter, Julie.......
(She made me a prayer shawl for Christmas, too.)

49718638-L.jpg

I did these the easy way. No flash, my 17-40mm lens, 3200 ISO, AV, some a little soft, some bits of blur, some trashed, but a lazy easy Christmas.

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Ginger, the first one of Bill is my favorite. The colours are really nice and I like the way you've framed it.

I wish my Nikons were as good at 3200 ISO.
  • MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Ginger, those are really nice. Nice record of the day!!

I have to ask, did you use any noise reduction software? They are so clear at 3200 ISO. Mine turn out so noisy at just 800 ISO...

Nice job,
    Mel
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    No, I didn't use anything. I have noise ninja, but I didn't use it. I don't know why they are not noisier appearing. They are pretty noisy actually. But these are not large prints, they are not intended to be, and, if they were, I would not be standing on top of them counting noise thingys, so I am OK with it.

My experience is that if the exposure is close to accurate I have less trouble with noise. My biggest problem was remembering which WB I was under, and that made RAW invaluable. Also, like in the shot of Sara and her daughter by the window, I had to try different EV things, and pretty fast, too, because there was a lot of backlighting. The photo of Julie with the beer is a bit soft, but I liked it not as an art shot, but a personality thing, so I included it.

Last night I did have a strange problem working these up, and I will probably have it again when I do more. The photos came up from RAW looking pretty good. I was stuck in the strange position of having photos that needed little work, I knew I should do some work, but wasn't sure what, smile.

The one with Bill, I did just use the burning tool to darken the left side of the photo where there was another lighted room. I had to leave the room in because of the tree. Other than that, not much work, ............

And no anti noise programs, not even on PS2. I didn't want to get into that.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.