Options

Major problems printing multiple images

sberleysberley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited December 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
hi,

I have a large gallery wiith 539 photos. I'm trying to get 4x6's of all the images and having very little luck.

I went to the multiple prints section, clicked "select all" then "next". The browser timed out.

Next, I went and manually selected the first 48 images and clicked "next". Smugmug's response time is TERRIBLE - over 5 minutes for the site to respond.

When I finally get to look at the images on the size selection page, I find that quite a number of images are listed multiple times (2x, 3x, or more) - therefore, many are missing.

After all this, I want to view my cart and the system is so slow, I can't get there...

Please advise...

Steve
A very frustrated user...

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    sberley wrote:
    hi,

I have a large gallery wiith 539 photos. I'm trying to get 4x6's of all the images and having very little luck.

I went to the multiple prints section, clicked "select all" then "next". The browser timed out.

Next, I went and manually selected the first 48 images and clicked "next". Smugmug's response time is TERRIBLE - over 5 minutes for the site to respond.

When I finally get to look at the images on the size selection page, I find that quite a number of images are listed multiple times (2x, 3x, or more) - therefore, many are missing.

After all this, I want to view my cart and the system is so slow, I can't get there...

Please advise...

Steve
    A very frustrated user...

Hi Steve,

Making such a large number print buy is tough sometimes, esp on peak days, which Sun/Mon are typically peak days. Give it a try today, or tomorrow if you can wait a day. It can still take a bit longer than normal, you're making a lot of images.

If you have a gallery link I'll be happy to review the shots btw and help in any way I can.

All the best,

Andy
  • Options
    sberleysberley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Thanks Andy...
    Thanks Andy,

In the end, it took lots of patience, but ultimately I was successful.

That said, I hope the Smugmug folks are looking at performance issues and planning systems upgrades because this type issues can stall out SM's growth momentum.

I have other questions, but will start a new thread for those...

Happy New Year,

Steve

Andy wrote:
    Hi Steve,

Making such a large number print buy is tough sometimes, esp on peak days, which Sun/Mon are typically peak days. Give it a try today, or tomorrow if you can wait a day. It can still take a bit longer than normal, you're making a lot of images.

If you have a gallery link I'll be happy to review the shots btw and help in any way I can.

All the best,

Andy