Options

Beware!!! >>united camera repairs***scam***scam***scam***beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earthguy000earthguy000 Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 23, 2014 in Cameras
BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

United Camera using fraudulent practices.

Here's my scenario.

I sent in a Nikon SB600 to get repaired for self intermittent random firing of the flash
even when on standby.

OK, so it was supposed to be an easy change the mainboard and walla fixed......NO SUCH JOY.
They kept returning it, not once, not twice, not THREE TIMES but 4 TIMES!!!!!
They kept saying there is nothing wrong and it has something to do with my DSLR. Wrong!
I sent them a video clip when on the stand without mounted on my DSLR. SAME problem.
I tried to be patient. More patient than others I would say.

FINALLY, put a complaint to the BBB and they offered a check to resolve the issue.
They gave me the run around as I suspected.
Told me they sent the check out USPS. Didn't get it. Mails don't get lost in the mail, especially in this day and age.
They sent out a second check via USPS priority with trkg# DIDN'T EXIST.
They sent it UPS with delivery confirmation. Check finally came, deposited it but to no surprise it bounced!

Another scenario.
Sent in a D3 to get housing replaced and was expected to get it in 1-2 weeks......
ended up 5 weeks!!! They kep giving me excuses it's coming it's coming.
THEY were waiting for a shipment from CHINA that's why it takes so long.
IF they know that let customers know. Photographers have use for their equiptment on a certain time frame hello?
And, when I finally got it back the lock button was loose as a leaf blowing in the wind. Didn't have time for their NOTORIOUS BS so I sold it and took a loss.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CON ARTISTS!!!
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and SAVE YOURSELVES THE GRIEF AND HEARTACHE.

They are like those scam stores that sell DSLRS, and other equiptment cheap on 42nd ST.
Times Square in the 90's and omit batteries, accessories you name it.

I AM GOING TO SUBMIT ANOTHER BBB complaint. THEY ALSO ALREADY have many
consumers COMPLAINING THE SAME. I am not the only one.

I WILL ALSO complain to the DEPT. OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS.
Yes, folks you can do these actions to CLOSE THESE manipulative companies out of practice.

I have been nothing more than patient with them and am NOT posting this for any
retaliation, revenge and any other negative way. I just want companies to be fair and NOT to get swindled by their DECEIVING ways on a whim.
Failed to load the poll.