Old Barns II

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited August 3, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
A couple of my recent finds.

summer%202014%20091-X3.jpg

On the hill behind this barn, you'll see evidence of what's perhaps the biggest money crop ( legal crop, that is ) now being cultivated throughout the Appalachians....Christmas trees.

summer%202014%20106-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2014
    Howdy Pard,

Nice finds and nice shots. Good perspective choice.
    Randy
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2014
    Wow Tom! Love both shots! Details and light are masterful! Look at that growth and moss on the second one! Love the green piercing through the barn in first one! Very cozy and soothing! Postcard quality! (At least I like postcards!) Cheers!
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2014
    I like the second one best Tom - with the cash-crop in the background... which actually looks like Caifornia's money maker, the other one - they grow in that shape now.
    It looks like a vine used to grow on it too... might of made a nice image.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    Howdy Pard,

Nice finds and nice shots. Good perspective choice.

Thanks, Randy. Ya'll be careful on your journey.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 3, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Wow Tom! Love both shots! Details and light are masterful! Look at that growth and moss on the second one! Love the green piercing through the barn in first one! Very cozy and soothing! Postcard quality! (At least I like postcards!) Cheers!

Thanks for the visit, Taz. I appreciate your support.

Stay safe,

Tom
    edited August 3, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    I like the second one best Tom - with the cash-crop in the background... which actually looks like Caifornia's money maker, the other one - they grow in that shape now.
    It looks like a vine used to grow on it too... might of made a nice image.

I guess that I am getting old. I had no idea that the " other one " was grown in the shape of a Christmas tree. Crap....I'll bet I've passed by scads of the bushes during my mountain treks; didn't recognize the stuff. Man, I could have been harvesting the whole time. Life ain't fair.

Take care,

Tom