Cold Cooking

CMasterCMaster Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited December 29, 2005 in Holy Macro
Over the summer I picked up a 50mm f/1.4 for a trip. Found that I really didn't use it a whole lot while traveling off a motorcycle. But I've had some time lately to mess around with this lens, I'm finding out how wonderful it really is. I'm really finding that I enjoy shooting with it on and I haven't taken it off the camera in quite awhile.

So I got this set of new cookware for Christmas and had it laid out on my stove and thought that it might make for an interesting shoot.

I thought this one turned out pretty cool, but could've been composed a little better.

49770069-L.jpg

In post I did a lil USM and it looked warmer that I wanted. So I "cooled" it down by slightly adjusting the blue curve and bumped the blue up. I guess now i just need to take some pictures of food in them?

Thanks for looking :thumb
-- Paul (pmack.smugmug.com)

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Hi there :)
    CMaster wrote:
    Over the summer I picked up a 50mm f/1.4 for a trip. Found that I really didn't use it a whole lot while traveling off a motorcycle. But I've had some time lately to mess around with this lens, I'm finding out how wonderful it really is. I'm really finding that I enjoy shooting with it on and I haven't taken it off the camera in quite awhile.
    So I got this set of new cookware for Christmas and had it laid out on my stove and thought that it might make for an interesting shoot.
    I thought this one turned out pretty cool, but could've been composed a little better.
    In post I did a lil USM and it looked warmer that I wanted. So I "cooled" it down by slightly adjusting the blue curve and bumped the blue up. I guess now i just need to take some pictures of food in them?
    Thanks for looking thumb.gif

Ohhhhh yes the 50mm F1.4 is a mighty fine little lens, one of which I own myself...... I love it too, it's a great little lens for using indoors in low light too, allowing you to hand hold...and by golly gosh its SHARP as a TACK clap.gif

The reflections in your new cook ware look great thumb.gif I'm sure you will continue to have an absolute ball with this lens.

Happy Photo Taking........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin