Finally Getting A 20d

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited December 29, 2005 in Cameras
i just got back from my camera shop, kenmar camera. if you read my previous thread you already know about my broken digital rebel. i brought it to the shop and they said they'd send it to canon for me and canon will probably charge me $250 to replace the shutter.

i decided i need my new 20d and don't really need my recently acquired 17-40 f4L. i sadly returned my 17-40 f4L to credit towards buying my 20d. i really loved that lens, but i can definitely live without it. i should be paying for the remainder tomorrow, or maybe thursday and bringing my new baby home!

Comments

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i just got back from my camera shop, kenmar camera. if you read my previous thread you already know about my broken digital rebel. i brought it to the shop and they said they'd send it to canon for me and canon will probably charge me $250 to replace the shutter.

i decided i need my new 20d and don't really need my recently acquired 17-40 f4L. i sadly returned my 17-40 f4L to credit towards buying my 20d. i really loved that lens, but i can definitely live without it. i should be paying for the remainder tomorrow, or maybe thursday and bringing my new baby home!

SUPER!
    I'm happy with my 10D for now.......I couldn't afford the 20D and the XT was just too "toy like" for me.
    When Canon comes out with their next DSLR and everyone hasta have the latest and greatest thing.....then I'll do my change!:D
    20D's will be reasonable then!
    That's how I got my 10D. Laughing.gif
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    SUPER!
    I'm happy with my 10D for now.......I couldn't afford the 20D and the XT was just too "toy like" for me.
    When Canon comes out with their next DSLR and everyone hasta have the latest and greatest thing.....then I'll do my change!:D
    20D's will be reasonable then!
    That's how I got my 10D. Laughing.gif

when i originally got my rebel i had almost went for the 10d, but i felt that the for the price, the rebel was a better choice, especially with the kit lens.

i wanted to wait for a 20d replacement to come out, but since i have no idea when that will be i had to buy the 20d now. i'm sure that since i'm purchasing a 20d now, canon will come out with a 20d replacement in a matter of weeks with my luck.
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Congrats, nothing like new gear, I am also hoping for another body in a few days.

James.
  • ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    20d is a great camera.

I am anxiously awaiting the 20d replacement to make my 20d the backup, though it is leaps and bounds ahead of the 300d I started with.

Since I mostly shoot sports, the 20d was a godsend with the low high ISO noise, 5fps, quick startup, AI servo etc.

Youll like it. :D
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    binghott wrote:

I'll tell ya tommorrow about a camera shop in N. Bellmore that has a techie on hand and you don't have to send it back to Canon. They are very reasonable as well. I hate Kenmar..
    edited December 27, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I'll tell ya tommorrow about a camera shop in N. Bellmore that has a techie on hand and you don't have to send it back to Canon. They are very reasonable as well. I hate Kenmar..

too late, they already shipped my camera out. it's covered by the waranty, so it's not a problem. i could easily understand why you would hate kenmar, they can be jerks, but it's in a humorous way. i find it funny, although sometimes it can be irritating. i actually like the guys there, especially now that they realized they know my mother from years ago when she used to shop there all the time. if you deal with them in the right way you can get a good deal.

i told them that i was gonna get my 20d from amazon.com (but i didn't want to wait for the shipping) or jandr (but i didn't want to go to the city for it) because they had it for cheaper. so they'll match the price as long as i don't use amex. also, they packaged and shipped my damaged camera to canon for me for free, they usually charge for the shipping.

i'd still love to hear about the guy in n. bellmore. i'll see you tomorrow.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Big congrats on the 20Dclap.gifclapclap.gif Can't wait to hear your first impressions.
    edited December 29, 2005
    i got it! i don't know how i lived with the rebel. the burst mode is absolutely incredible. i absolutely love it!

also, big props to 4labs for being awesome!
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    binghott wrote:
    i got it! i don't know how i lived with the rebel. the burst mode is absolutely incredible. i absolutely love it!

I know that feeling....

congrats!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    binghott wrote:

also, big props to 4labs for being awesome!
    nod.gif

Now you understand. The low noise at high ISOs is oh-so-sweet as well.
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
    edited December 29, 2005
    Chase wrote:
    nod.gif

Now you understand. The low noise at high ISOs is oh-so-sweet as well.

that's the other thing i've already noticed is amazing
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Congrats on the new 20D. It's one heck of a camera and you'll have a lot of fun with it.thumb.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.