Options

Name change

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited January 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to change you main access name for smugmug?

For example go from:

www.xxxx.smugmug.com

to

www.yyyy.smugmug.com

and if so, how.

Another example might be going from

andy.smugmug.com to bluemoon.smugmug.com

How would you do this ( and not lose anything!)

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Absolutely it is possible and can be done as often as you like.
    1. Go to Smugmug and click on "Your Photos" at the top of the page (or login if you are not logged in already).
    2. Click on "Control Panel" at to the top of your photos homepage
    3. The second section of the "Control Panel" page is "Your Account"
    4. On the second line is "Name" at the end of the line click "Edit"
    5. Change your nickname to what ever you want as that is what www.xyz.smugmug.com is
    Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    That's exactly it, Mac!
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    Absolutely it is possible and can be done as often as you like.
    1. Go to Smugmug and click on "Your Photos" at the top of the page (or login if you are not logged in already).
    2. Click on "Control Panel" at to the top of your photos homepage
    3. The second section of the "Control Panel" page is "Your Account"
    4. On the second line is "Name" at the end of the line click "Edit"
    5. Change your nickname to what ever you want as that is what www.xyz.smugmug.com is
    Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

Excdllent! Can I have two names that go to the same place? Like xxx.smugmug.com and yyy.smugmug.com viewing the same pages?
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2005
    Zanotti wrote:
    Excdllent! Can I have two names that go to the same place? Like xxx.smugmug.com and yyy.smugmug.com viewing the same pages?

Sorry, no, that's not do-able.
  • Options
    SpellboundSpellbound Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 18, 2006
    Hello this is my first post even though I've had my account for many months. I am so glad this question was brought up as I was searching for answers to this.

I hated the name I picked of Bedazzle Box and wanted it changed before I put up my photos. I'm only now working on organizing my images etc. so it may take me a few weeks to get it up and going but thanks for this great forum.

Ummmm now I may have to make a new account for the forum too as I just automacally gave myself the name of my account to log in lol.

btw from what I see just browsing around there sure are some talented and helpful people here iloveyou.gif I like it!!!!

Marilynn
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2006
    Hello this is my first post even though I've had my account for many months. I am so glad this question was brought up as I was searching for answers to this.

I hated the name I picked of Bedazzle Box and wanted it changed before I put up my photos. I'm only now working on organizing my images etc. so it may take me a few weeks to get it up and going but thanks for this great forum.

Ummmm now I may have to make a new account for the forum too as I just automacally gave myself the name of my account to log in lol.

btw from what I see just browsing around there sure are some talented and helpful people here iloveyou.gif I like it!!!!

Marilynn

wave.gif Hiya Marilynn :D shh don't tell anyone but I can change your forum name if you like, too. Just PM me.