Slideshow Problem on Mobile

pcatherpcather Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited August 25, 2014 in SmugMug Support
The slideshow on my website is set on Fixed. I don't want to use Auto as I don't want to be restricted to the few aspect ratios I'd have to choose from.

On the mobile version on my iphone there were very large gaps above and below the slideshow. I chatted with support. They told me the only way to prevent these gaps is to have the slideshow set on AUTO. I tested her theory and it did fix the problem on the iphone.

Is there anyway to fix my iphone problem and still use the "fixed" setting? Seems like in this day and age everyone will want the mobile site to work. But if the fixed setting doesn't work on the mobile site what good is it? Why is it even there? That makes me think there has to be a better solution that just using the Auto setting.

Here's my website if you want to see the problem on the mobile phone. http://www.reflections-etc.com

Thanks for any help you have to offer,
Pamela

Comments

• CarnageCarnage Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2014
    Hi Pamela,

There is not a way to use the fixed option for the height setting for the slideshow content block and not have the gaps. To not have the gaps above and below you would need to use the auto fill option for the height setting. The fixed setting is working on the mobile site and that is why the gaps are there. It is fixed to what you set. The mobile site would use smaller images but the slideshow is still fixed at the height you set causing the gaps to appear.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Anthony
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2014
    You could add the slideshow twice on your page, one fixed and one auto. Then with CSS hide/show
    each depending on the device using @media.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • CHRISRIEFENBERGCHRISRIEFENBERG Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    Hey Allen,

can you post the css comand in order to do so?
    I have created a second slideshow which I want to show for mobile only but how do i tell css that i want this slideshow to be shown on mobile and hide the other one?

Thanks for your helpful comment!
    Chris