PS Elements auto start disable?

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited December 28, 2005 in Finishing School
When I plug any device into my computer, PS Elements launches and attempts to download any and all digital images onto/into it. Its really annoying, especially when I dock my ipod into itunes, Elements thinks it wants to enjoy my data as well.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable auto "get" and go to manual "get photos" It must be about three clicks, but I cant find them.

Also, I hate the organizer, prefering to organize in my own files or on smugmug. I really like the smugmug interface better and its backed up better than I do.

Can I just eliminate the organizer portion of PSE and use the ps edit?

Thanks,

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    See the PSE preferences
    Zanotti wrote:
    When I plug any device into my computer, PS Elements launches and attempts to download any and all digital images onto/into it. Its really annoying, especially when I dock my ipod into itunes, Elements thinks it wants to enjoy my data as well.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable auto "get" and go to manual "get photos" It must be about three clicks, but I cant find them.

Also, I hate the organizer, prefering to organize in my own files or on smugmug. I really like the smugmug interface better and its backed up better than I do.

Can I just eliminate the organizer portion of PSE and use the ps edit?

Thanks,

Z

I don't have Elements on this computer, so I can't give you the exact instructions, but if you open up Organizer and go to preferences, there is a preference that tells it NOT to auto-popup when it seems a USB mass storage drive.

There is also a preference that controls what starts up when you click the PSE icon. You can have Organizer, Editor or a chooser window. It sounds like you want to set it to just open the editor. Alternately, the editor is a separate applicaton which you can just make a shortcut for to launch directly. I don't remember the name, but if you look in the program directory for Elements, you will see all the EXE files and the names are pretty obvious which is which.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question