Options

Two Smugmug Accounts - One e-mail address

Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited December 28, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I am about to get a second Pro account, but I want to use the same e-mail address as it's my only reliable one. Don't want to use GMail e-mail. Can Two accounts one e-mail address be done from the back end (I know it can't from the front end as I just tried).

Thanks
Smugmug Apprentice
My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    I am about to get a second Pro account, but I want to use the same e-mail address as it's my only reliable one. Don't want to use GMail e-mail. Can Two accounts one e-mail address be done from the back end (I know it can't from the front end as I just tried).

Thanks
    Smugmug Apprentice

No, I'm sorry, they have to be separate email accounts.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Get a forwarding email account
    Mac Write wrote:

Thanks
    Smugmug Apprentice

Some email sites will forward all incoming email to an address you specify so you could use that email address, but still read it all in your main account. If I recall, Yahoo mail will do that for a pretty small fee. There are likely others that will do that too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Some providers also support "name plus box" format, so if you are "bob@example.net" then you can use "bob+smugmug@example.net" and have the mail that comes to that address automatically filtered into a folder called "smugmug". If your provider supports at least recieving in that format, then it might work for smugmug already. (that works for a lot of websites because they just hold the address as a string. and so see it as a different address.)
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Like hell I am going to use Yahoo (esp after hearing about people's accounts being closed) I need 100% reliable e-mail and .Mac seems it for now since my domains can go poof you know. Sigh I signed up using GMail for now.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    Like hell I am going to use Yahoo (esp after hearing about people's accounts being closed) I need 100% reliable e-mail and .Mac seems it for now since my domains can go poof you know. Sigh I signed up using GMail for now.

you get up to four email names with .mac