Options

A stream shot

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited September 11, 2014 in Landscapes
I don't think it's great, but I like it.

Agua%20Friaslow3-1-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    I can envision why you like it.... I think you need another take... slightly faster shutter speed on this... wider angle as well (?)... show me more of those rocks... looks like this was taken on a partially cloudy afternoon...., what does the golden hours at this local look like, I can imagine the orange hues coming off of the falls..... and the depth the golden hour light would play on the rocks. I would like to see this shot again from the "just at sunrise" perspective with a slightly faster ss to still keep the water smooth but stopped a hair more..... hopefully the hike is close and enjoyable...
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2014
    Thanks very much for the feedback. This one was actually taken around sunrise. It's in the bottom of a steep canyon, and the geography and the direction of the stream don't do photographers any favors. You can get dramatic light at dawn but only if there are clouds in the right places. I've been there a number of times but I've never managed to get the water level and the light in the right combination. It'll be a pleasure to keep trying.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the feedback. This one was actually taken around sunrise. It's in the bottom of a steep canyon, and the geography and the direction of the stream don't do photographers any favors. You can get dramatic light at dawn but only if there are clouds in the right places. I've been there a number of times but I've never managed to get the water level and the light in the right combination. It'll be a pleasure to keep trying.

On the bright side, this time you didn't get that dizzying reflection!:D
    I can imagine how much fun it must be to go to a desert stream.......maybe subconsciously you don't want to get it right!rolleyes1.gif
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2014
    Stumblebum, I want to get the perfect shot next time and spend the rest of my life trying to equal it. :)

Thanks for commenting.
  • Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2014
    ben geen liefhebber van trage sluitertijden bij stromend water.
    vind wel het camerastandpunt goed gekozen.
    grt,boco.