1. i-dC5j27m-X2.jpg

2. i-Shb4G84-X2.jpg

3. i-j8rZ7Ln-X2.jpg

4. i-bPqM9gC-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    Not easy to make good dark skin pictures with white clothing….Do like 4, as it shows proportions. Well done

Technical issue:
    The first one is having an issue with reds and blacks, both are losing detail, most likely because you pushed the contrast way up….

Taste and style:
    Style wise I do not like the dressing-up of new borns , it is fashion here is as well…. and most find it cute. I must be the exception…. so don't worry about this comments.

Good job
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    Our taste definitely become different with age. I would never let Anne Geddes photograph my children when they were young. I only applied filters to my sports photos and some active seniors but not to general portraits. Lately however I've been experimenting and enjoy some of them.
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    For me I think 1 is the best one. To be honest these dont look like your work Charles. The last two look way over sharpend. The second one the white space above her that isnt the blanket is very distracting to me. For some reason I am just not digging these ones Charles...
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,278 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    They all look a little bit over-done with processing. I like the last one the best. I wish I could see more of the face in #2, the shadow falls across her face.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    Most look too contrasty, making the skin look harsh.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2014
    Thanks all, just playing with filters on some portraits, maybe I did do it a tad too much. I'm starting to like the clarity slider in Capture One too much. Thanks.
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2014
    Well I have that problem also every so often, when looking for long time on a picture. At some point I tend to g way over the processing and don't even see it. It's only the next morning, when I look at it agian that I realize " oeps that is way over ".

So you are not the only one,,,rolleyes1.gif
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    That's how I feel when entering a print into competition. At home it looks great then when it comes up in comp under the lights I see all the flaws.
  • Options
    vegashotvegashot New member Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    cute shots, like it