Options

Sitewide CSS edits have no effect

Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited September 11, 2014 in Bug Reporting
When editing the custom CSS in the theme, changes don't happen upon save. This includes removing old code or adding different or new code. I'm unsure if it's me or a bug. Changes don't display in Firefox (primary) or Chrome. I tried signing back in and still nothing. For instance, was using the code to change text items in the lightbox and no effect upon saving and publishing (or preview either).

I also just completely cleared the CSS box and published. The code removal should've cleared the customizations, but it's as if I didn't touch it.
Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2014
    Please email us directly, so we can take a look:
    http://help.smugmug.com

Could be a simple answer... might be more complicated :-)
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    Ok, I'll send an email. I'd figured this was more of a bug than something to bother you guys with directly. :) Thought maybe I wasn't the only one affected.

• Options
    Email sent!

• Options
    The issue has been resolved, please delete or close the thread.Thank you. If anyone else has this issue, go into your browser's cookies and delete all SmugMug related cookies. I don't even recall the last time I'd needed to clear them for any reason. Sorry I'd forgotten to try that. I'd actually had issues with this for some time, but had thought it was just a bug. SO glad that's fixed!

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    Odd issues like this being solved by removing cookies is a good reminder to others of things to try.
    Actually anytime a site goes bonkers clearing cache and Smug cookies is the 1st thing to do.
    Perhaps someone will search for "CSS edits have no effect".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Allen wrote: »
    Odd issues like this being solved by removing cookies is a good reminder to others of things to try.
    Actually anytime a site goes bonkers clearing cache and Smug cookies is the 1st thing to do.
    Perhaps someone will search for "CSS edits have no effect".

I have always restarted browser, computer, tested cross browser...tried so many things before bothering anyone. I honestly haven't had to clear cookies in years. I guess I've been lucky! I've been feeling pretty sheepish that I'd forgotten their existence. headscratch.gif Hopefully my momentary idiocy will help someone else. thumb.gif