Options

Ability to apply price lists to photos in the Organizer

LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited September 19, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Rather than having to navigate into a desired price list, and then specify pictures or galleries that it should apply to, it would be really handy to be able to select photos or galleries in the Organizer and then apply the desired price list.

I think the best way would be to simply add price lists to the "wrench" (edit) menu at the top of the Organizer page.

Simple and awesome!!
Thanks.

Do you agree that this option would be awesome? 2 votes

Yes! Please make it so!
100%
agalliaLiveAwake 2 votes
Meh. I don't mind all the extra clicking and navigating.
0%

Comments

• Options
    Hero SarahHero Sarah Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 18, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback! I will be sure to pass that information along! You can also give any other feedback you have on our feedback site here: http://feedback.smugmug.com

Just to be sure on the Business account plan, you can set the pricelist within the gallery itself by going into the gallery > Customize > Set prices. You don't have to do it all within the pricing tool in the Account Settings. I hope this helps! If you need anything else, feel free to email us at help@smugmug.com

Thanks!!
  • Options
    LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2014
    Yes! Please make it so!
    Hero Sarah wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback! I will be sure to pass that information along! You can also give any other feedback you have on our feedback site here: http://feedback.smugmug.com

Just to be sure on the Business account plan, you can set the pricelist within the gallery itself by going into the gallery > Customize > Set prices. You don't have to do it all within the pricing tool in the Account Settings. I hope this helps! If you need anything else, feel free to email us at help@smugmug.com

Thanks!!

Thanks Sarah. What I would MOST like to see actually is the ability to restrict print options so that any print size that requires cropping cannot be ordered. I, as the photographer, do not want my client to be ABLE to select a square print from a panoramic image, etc.

For reasons that are beyond me, SmugMug has consistently rejected offering this ability, in spite of many people requesting it. So, because this is completely unacceptable to me, what I've done is create separate price lists for each aspect ratio, which I then assign individually to images of that aspect ratio. It's a huge pain in the butt, but I do it anyway since I'm not willing to let my images be butchered in the ordering process.

The next-best thing to letting us restrict incorrect aspect ratios would be to make it easier for us to apply price lists to individual images. One great way to do this would be to make price lists smart, much like smart galleries, so that I could simply add a keyword to a photo and have it automatically become associated with the desired price list. The next best way would be making it easier to apply price lists to specific photos (not galleries) within the organizer, as requested here.