edited December 29, 2005 in People
Kyle

49975683-M.jpg
www.finnegan.smugmug.com

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2005
    Gerald,

Cute kid, but what did you do to that photo? It's all pixelated and weird...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • geraldfinnegangeraldfinnegan Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    hi
    DavidTO wrote:
    Gerald,

Cute kid, but what did you do to that photo? It's all pixelated and weird...
    long story; a small crop of a much larger photo, now slightly blurry at closeup, then sharpening attempts etc, then i saw one copy i had that had a painting feel, Renoir, so i went to a paint effect i never use and put a touch in, to smooth and abstract it. it needs a bit more of that to keep it abstract and also smoothe out the pixelation. Course, a larger crop would solve it all but the kid has a weird video game in his other hand and cords all over his lap, which i was trying to avoid. But that - larger crop - would solve the overly-magnified problems that came up.
    Thanks for looking and the right-on comment
    www.finnegan.smugmug.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    long story; a small crop of a much larger photo, now slightly blurry at closeup, then sharpening attempts etc, then i saw one copy i had that had a painting feel, Renoir, so i went to a paint effect i never use and put a touch in, to smooth and abstract it. it needs a bit more of that to keep it abstract and also smoothe out the pixelation. Course, a larger crop would solve it all but the kid has a weird video game in his other hand and cords all over his lap, which i was trying to avoid. But that - larger crop - would solve the overly-magnified problems that came up.
    Thanks for looking and the right-on comment

Well, a little explanation in your original post might have helped...all I saw was a fuzzy shot that wasn't working. If you had told us what you were going for, we can be more helpful.

As it is, it doesn't work, and it hardly seems to be a shot worth all that work. Nice snap of the kid, but no amount of PS is going to make it better than that, IMO. So far the PS has only made it worse.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2005
    Tough shot to try and rescue, Gerald. One's eye is usually drawn to the sharp stuff - in this case, his shirt and his eyes (which look weird.) It's not really working, I'm afraid.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au