Options

[Resolved - sort of] Is the Smugmug Login Screen down?

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
edited September 21, 2014 in Bug Reporting
Can't log in at all right now. Worked last night. The only thing appearing on the Login screen is the SM logo at the top left and the word "Login" and an empty text box that I can't enter anything into. Missing is the "Password" box and all other elements including the box around the login area.

I'd love to post a screenshot, but I'd normally be posting that in a hidden Smugmug gallery for inclusion here and that's not possible right now. Safari. I have already cleared the browser cache. Rebooted and still nothing.

Just emailed the Hero's.
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited September 18, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Can't log in at all right now. Worked last night. The only thing appearing on the Login screen is the SM logo at the top left and the word "Login" and an empty text box that I can't enter anything into. Missing is the "Password" box and all other elements including the box around the login area.
    I've just verified that I can log in on Chrome, Firefox, and IE, all on Windows. Perhaps it's a Safari issue?

--- Denise
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    Login screen working just fine for me in Safari ne_nau.gif. Are you still having a problem, David?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Login screen working just fine for me in Safari ne_nau.gif. Are you still having a problem, David?

Yes, still. I'm going to dig into my (older version) Safari issue more tonight when I have more time. I just installed Chrome (which I hate, BTW) and I was able to log in from there. So luckily I have access now. The bonus with that, I guess, is that I'll be able to use Nick's extension for key wording.

I hadn't changed, added or removed anything from Safari before my login issue. I'll know more after I overhaul what I can.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    Could your problem be linked to the break in thenickdude's bulk image maintenance extension?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    Could your problem be linked to the break in thenickdude's bulk image maintenance extension?
    His problem is with Safari not Chrome.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options

Thanks, but no, as I don't have that extension installed yet.

I have, something like, 8 billion cookies and crap I have to clean out of Safari first. In the mean time, Chrome works OK, mostly, with SM. In fact, it also solved my weird lightbox display issue where if I start in the middle of a gallery, pics won't be chopped in half and have their remains overlay a current photo. The slide show transitions, however, are just bad (choppy).

And also just today, my Safari began to not want to display any new style SM pages. So something's afoot.

This is what I now see in Safari:
    i-KdHBB7X.jpg
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2014
    Update. Browser is too old. Cleaning out the cache and cookies didn't seem to work. It wasn't any plug-ins or settings. Bah! Thinking this was a non-compliance issue with HTML5.

Downloaded Chrome, which works adequately, and I'll have to live with that for a while. Nick's extension works again and is a great tool and addition. PicMonkey works again too. Also the location maps work where they didn't in Safari - and I can move, scale and adjust the map displays now. Slideshow transitions aren't very nice in Chrome, but do work, kind of.

Another plus is that I can now get into BandCamp with Chrome (not related to SM, but important to me nonetheless).
    My Smugmug