Options

House no longer a home

Jim McClainJim McClain Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited September 21, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Turned off a paved road onto a dirt one and came across this. I saw something in my mind, but couldn't seem to capture it on the sensor... or so I thought. While going through the 117 images I put on my SD card yesterday, I knew when I got to those I took of this old shack, they would get deleted. But when I saw this one, I knew exactly what it should look like.

*Sorry, image removed.*

Jim

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,035 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2014
    Great shot, Jim - perfect in BW. The dilapidated shack looks even more so, nestled among those tall, strong trees. And I know what you mean about the frustration of capturing what you "really" see....but sometimes there is a nice surprise waiting for you.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Nice Image and processing. Try cropping off about a third or so of the top and see if you like it any better.

Sam
  • Options
    You mean an 8x10 crop instead of a 5x7?
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Busy yet beautiful! Rare combination there!
  • Options
    Sam wrote: »
    Nice Image and processing. Try cropping off about a third or so of the top and see if you like it any better.

Sam

I didn't develop a crop like you mentioned, but I used a dark mask to look at the image with about a third of the top removed. I didn't like it because it removes a lot of the power the massive trees have as they lord over the little cabin. I prefer the way I cropped it. I do remember playing with 8x10 and 5x7 and moving the image around at those settings when I developed. That's when I chose the format I have now and I like it this way best.

Thanks for making me think about it more.

Jim
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2014
    Sam wrote: »

Sam

This is a great shot! I think that this version portrays the magnitude of the trees and the fragility of the hut. I would leave it as is.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2014
    Not a problem, it's just the way i sees it. :D

Sam
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited September 21, 2014
    Fantastic capture! I love it just as is